MBS # 5 PUBLIC RELATIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS
The manager is a person who works in conjunction with others and with the community. Relations with employees and outside agents, coupled with excellent communication on all fronts, are decisive and irreplaceable factors.
MBS # 5 BASIC CHECK LIST
- Identify players who interact with the organization on the inside and out.
- Use that information to develop a complete and current database.
- Maintain the necessary contacts or proximity to ensure good relations and excellent communication.
- Watch for relevant changes or modifications in any of the basic players.
- Define channels for communication with each of the organization’s internal and outside players.
- Clearly define and confirm WHAT, WHEN, HOW and WITH WHO to communicate.
- Make sure communication is received, understood and accepted by the recipients, as it was sent.
- Regularly hold working meetings to confirm the amount and quality of information needed to accomplish its mission.
- Constantly update information that is basic and relevant to the company.
- From time to time, the manager should inform employees of how the company is doing.
- Employees should be allowed to convey their ideas or concerns to the manager.
- Hold informal meetings to improve communication systems within the organization.